After my success with the DIY birdbath last year,
I decided to take on another yard decoration. I saw a verison of the instructions on two different blogs, including The Lettered Cottage (on which I could spend a day or two just getting ideas.)
I used: two wreath frames from Michaels and two packages of door shims from Home Depot.
I actually used three packages of shims since I glued the shims on thick-side pointing out the first time, which made the middle of the wreath too large and really messy looking. So I started over with the thin-side pointing out.
Then I painted it the same color as our outdoor trim.
Far from perfect. But I kind of like it that way.